Simple and Skin-Friendly Iced Tea
There's nothing like a glass of iced tea on a hot summer day. When you think of iced tea, you probably think of those crystal packets or pre-mixed beverages. Sure, they may help quench your thirst, but they’re loaded with sugar and provide no real benefits.
For a refreshing iced tea, I do as the name suggests and ice some tea. Sometimes, I combine my favourite dry ingredients to create my own loose leaf tea blend. Other times, I use pre-packaged, organic tea bags.
To make iced tea, my go to is Pukka Blackcurrant Beauty organic tea bags. I absolutely love this blend because of all the healthy ingredients including black currants, rosehips, beetroot and hibiscus.
Making the iced tea is super simple!
- Cold brew the tea. Place two bags of Pukka Blackcurrant Beauty organic tea (or your favourite black currant tea) in a mason jar, fill the jar with water, cover and let sit overnight.
- Chill. Place the brewed tea in the refrigerator until cold.
- Sweeten (optional). I like to add 1–2 teaspoons of agave per cup.
- Serve. Pour the chilled tea over ice and enjoy!
You can also turn the tea into ice cubes!
- Pour the cold brewed tea into ice cube trays and place in the freezer.
- Once frozen, add to seltzer water for a hint of flavour and a zap of colour.
As you can see, making delicious and healthful iced tea is easy. This summer, play around with different organic tea flavours until you find your favourite refreshing summer iced tea!
This nutrient-rich broccoli salad is the perfect side dish or light lunch! Click here for the easy-to-make recipe.
Ceramides are lipids that play an important role in skin barrier function. Keep reading to discover the benefits of adding ceramides to your skincare routine.Read now