Cocoa Keto Cups
IN THIS ARTICLE:
So much more satisfying than a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, these treats are blood sugar balancing, full of healthy fats, antioxidants, minerals, protein and fibre. And yes, they’re super tasty.
Better yet, the recipe is a cinch and you just need a few ingredients for this delicious treat.
Gather the following ingredients to make about 24 pieces:
- 8 ounces of extra dark or unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp finely ground pink salt
- A handful, or two, of lightly roasted nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts). If you prefer to go nut-free, use some seeds (like pumpkin, sunflower, or hemp, etc) and dried berries (blueberry, goji raisins, etc).
Optional: For extra sweetness and an energy boost, you can also add D-Ribose which is a supplement that's available in most health food stores. It looks and tastes like white sugar but it doesn't spike your blood sugar. It's s actually a factor in energy metabolism and production.
1. Combine everything (except the nuts/seeds) in a bowl and melt over low heat in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
2. When melted, transfer to a blender and pulse until extra smooth.
3. Pour into mini muffin cups and decorate with nuts, seeds and/or dried berries.
4. Let cool in the fridge. Transfer to a covered container.
Craving more guilt-free chocolate recipes? Try this vegan chocolate mousse recipe that's made with ingredients you can feel good about!
Credit for melting chocolate image: mikafotostok