Blue Majik Mask
Welcome to my kitchen where I do a lot of selfcare recipes. Today we are going to make one of my favourite nourishing face mask which is rich and creamy and is a really enjoyable experience for your face.
This is a hemp based Blue Majik face mask so we will be using hemp hearts, CBD oil, and yogurt. If you are sensitive to dairy you can use an organic coconut yogurt instead. And also we're also going to be using one of my favourite ingredients right now, blue spirulina. I particularly like using blue majik which is a special type of blue spirulina.
I don't follow an exact recipe because I like to use my intuition but I'm going to use a big batch to start and then I'll show you how you can store it in the fridge.
After blending it should be creamy like making hemp milk. Hemp hearts add texture to this concoction and is full of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Now I'm going to add in our other ingredients, here goes the yogurt and then the blue majik.
Yogurt has probiotic benefits, and is good for gut health and skin since it allows good bacteria to prevail over bad bacteria while blue Majik is nutrient dense and full of protein, vitamins and minerals. Not just for acai bowls, blue spirulina is also fantastic for your skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties. If you suffer from redness or acne prone skin, this is a great ingredient to add into your regime.
I'm going to use a lot because I like a really blue mask and then lastly my hemp oil. If you have access to CBD you can use that as a substitute. CBD is anti-inflammatory and revitalizing abilities. Now we are going to blend again to make sure everything mixed together well.
After washing your face with a gentle cleanser, apply this all over your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. And have a good look at yourself in the mirror! It's hard not to take a selfie or two when you have a mask like this on.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup of hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 3 tablespoons of organic yogurt (can also use a coconut alternative if vegan)
- 2 capsules of blue green spirulina or one spoonful of blue majik (if you do not have blue green algae available you can substitute matcha tea powder)
- Optional: 3 drops CBD oil
1. Take your hemp hearts, yogurt, water and matcha to combine.
2. Using a small food processor, blend on high for 30 seconds.
3. Spoon into mason jar.
4. Apply on cleansed face for 10-15 minutes.
5. Sponge off and enjoy the feeling of your soft, smooth, supple skin
3. Store the remainder in small mason jars for further use.