- Activated Charcoal has an extremely large and porous surface area and can absorb 1000s of times its weight making it a super efficient ingredient for absorbing toxins and dirt on your face.
- Aloe Vera is well respected for its application as a skin soothing, moisturizing agent. It contains vitamin B complex, folic acid, vitamin C and carotene (a precursor of vitamin A).
Apple Cider Vinegar
Used to brighten the skin and even out texture. The acidity of the vinegar will help dry out over-active sebaceous glands. High in potassium and malic acid, apple cider vinegar is useful for diminishing sun spots and other dark spots
- Astaxanthin (from red algae) is one of the most powerful antioxidants on record. It’s shown to protect the skin against UV radiation while combating free radicals. All this makes it an excellent fighter against wrinkle formation.
- Babassu is a palm native to the Amazon Rainforest region in South America. The starch extracted from the mid-layer, or mesocarp, of the Babassu fruit has long been used in Traditional Medicine in Brazil. This spherical powder is a natural and highly effective alternative to synthetic powders commonly used in personal care. It imparts a soft, dry skinfeel, improved slip on application, and a matting effect.
Look for it in the Putty
- The silica from bamboo extract improves skin health by helping the body absorb essential minerals such magnesium, zinc, and copper (all found in our Face Food). Bamboo extract also soothes the skin by imparting anti-irritant properties.
- The word “chia” actually means “strength” in the Mayan language. They are crazy high in alphalipoic acids (ALA). Better known as *the* ingredient that makes most skin cream cost a gazillion dollars. Alphalipoic acid is said to help with cell function, promote radiance in the skin, help diminish fine lines, and aid in antioxidant effectiveness.
- Chlorophyll helps to remove toxins that have built up in your cells over time and also helps nourish your 'hungry' cells with trace minerals which are essential for skin to thrive , not just survive .
- Cinnamon bark has been found to have natural skin lightening properties related to its capacity to inhibit tyrosinase activity which restrict the process of melanogenesis. These natural components, linderanolide B and subamolide A, have been shown to exhibit effective antipigmentation abilities. It’s also one of my favourite and delicious things to eat!
- Copper is an essential mineral that is needed by all tissues in the body. It is involved in the production of collagen, the protein responsible for the structural integrity of the skin. It is also involved in the production of elastin, the protein that is mainly responsible for the elastic properties of blood vessels and skin. Further, copper is a component of the enzyme copper-zinc dismutase and the protein ceruloplasmin, both of which inhibit free radical formation. The ionic liquid copper used in our products readily penetrates into the skin cells on your face, creating almost instant hydration and cell therapy.
Find ionic copper in our Face Food Mist
- Diatomaceous Earth is a naturally occurring fresh water sediment, (also known as DE, Diatomite, or Kieselgur) composed of microscopic remains (shells) of prehistoric diatoms; the most common form of phytoplankton. It has a soft and smooth texture when crushed and ground to a very fine and off-white powder. Diatomaceous Earth acts as a wonderful exfoliant.
Look for it in Superfood Mask + Scrub
- This is a very pure type of alcohol which works as an antiseptic by coagulating protein, which is the primary material that makes up a microbe’s cells. It functions well to inhibit the growth and reproduction of many micro-organisms, including bacteria, fungi, protozoa and viruses. It is also a good solvent that dissolves and carries away non-organic impurities that are responsible for things like odour.
- The Canadian Glacial Clay we source is a very rare green 'living clay' that is used for natural healing purposes. A by product of hundreds of thousands of years of mineralization from volcanic ash, it is pure 'montmorillonite' glacial clay. Glacial clay nourishes, purifies, exfoliates, soothes, and heals, dramatically improving skin health.
Look for it in Superfood Mask + Scrub
Green Coffee Bean
- Green Coffee Bean is also known as chlorogenic acid. It has a high concentration of essential fatty acids, sterols, and vitamin E which make it a potent antioxidant that can offer protection against skin damage such as sunburn cell formation and DNA degradation. It can also assist in the prevention of the development of photoaging and inflammatory skin disorders.
Matcha Green Tea
- We don't just use Green Tea Extract , we use Matcha (ground up baby green tea leaves) which contains active potent antioxidants – specifically catechin polyphenols which help repair the effects of aging and environmental factors by quenching free radicals and reducing inflammation. Matcha also combats the free radicals from pollution, stress, and junk food that take a toll on health and age the skin. The tea is also especially high in catechin, an antioxidant that is believed to inhibit cancer and tumor growth.
- A simple chemical compound. It's water with an extra atom of oxygen attached to it, H2O2. Most of the germs around us that cause infections don't like an oxygen rich environment, hence they do not survive when exposed to hydrogen peroxide.
- Licorice root extract is used in treating a variety of skin diseases due to its anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anticarcinogenic and antiviral properties. The primary anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds found in licorice include saponins, flavonoids, glycyrrizinic and glycosides-glycyrrhizing acid. The combination of which are a terrific help for red, acne-prone skin as well as for dull complexions and dehydrated skin.
- Lexgard Natural is an all-natural ingredient system for preservative-free and self-preserving cosmetics. It is composed of high purity monoesters of C8 acid, known for its biostatic activity against bacteria and yeast, and C11 acid which is known for its activity against fungus. Lexgard Natural is 100% vegetable derived and certified by Ecocert.
Manuka: Honey and Beeswax
- Manuka honey is a unique type of honey made by bees that gather nectar on the Manuka bush in New Zealand. This honey is known to have unusually potent anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. Manuka honey can be used internally and topically. Or in other words, it can be eaten and put on wounds, to heal one’s ailments.
- Meteorites are shooting stars that have fallen to Earth, entering our atmosphere at speeds of up to 72 km (45 miles) per second and burning as exceptionally brilliant balls of fire. Surprisingly, it is estimated that as much as 37,000‐78,000 tons of meteorite land on Earth per year, but most of these meteorites are dust‐sized particles. The larger meteorites are hard to find, which is why they remain very special. The fine Meteorite powder is an excellent exfoliator. It is especially designed not to be gritty but to feel smooth on the skin.
Look for it in the Superfood Mask + Scrub
- This lustrous powder from minerals has a shimmering copper appearance and is great for achieving a sun-kissed glow.
- Papaya is a wonderful source of vitamin A, carotene and the enzyme papain which helps in removing dead skin cells. It can even help in removing dark spots and evening out skin tone.
- Water that has been treated with chemicals like chlorine, chloramines and fluoride can be abrasive and cause allergic reactions for people with sensitive skin. And that's why we always use clean, pure water in all our formulations! We use purified water in nearly all our products, except when they don’t contain water - like in our All Over Elixir Oil and essential oils
Rose Floral Water
- Rose floral water is made from the distillation of pure rose petals. It is great for all skin types. It is mild and cooling and aids in the relief of red, irritated skin. Its antiseptic properties also help to heal sunburns and wounds. It smells lovely, just like a beautiful garden.
Rosemary Leaf Extract
- Rosemary oil extract is a GMO free, supercharged antioxidant which is extracted from the leaves of the rosemary plant for use in personal care products to prolong their shelf life.
Saffron is exotic and esteemed, not just for its exquisite taste and aroma, but for what it also offers for your skin, especially as a plant stem cell. Rich in gallic acid, this phenolic compound has been identified as a tyrosinase inhibitor, making it an ideal component to brighten your skin.
- Mushrooms, especially shiitake, have excellent anti-inflammatory properties that can lead to the improvement of acne, rosacea, eczema and increase skin elasticity. They are full of vitamin D, selenium and antioxidants that protect your skin from environmental damage that can lead to wrinkles. Shiitake mushrooms are a great source for kojic acid which is used to brighten the skin and fade sunspots. They also contain the antioxidant L-ergothioneine, which helps prevent cell breakdown and aids in exfoliating the skin.
Look for it in Superfood Mask + Scrub
- The minuscule size of ionic silver effectively penetrates skin cells on the face to help kill bacteria while reducing the appearance of red and blotchy skin. Silver also neutralizes harmful sodium-fluoride found in the drinking water with which you wash your face.
- Turmeric has been used as a skincare treatment in India for centuries thanks to its anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, and potent anti-inflammatory properties. That means it'll soothe irritation, fight off acne, and keep wrinkles at bay. It also stimulates blood flow, which can bring life back into dull, tired skin.
- Vegetable Glycerin is derived from coconut plant material. It is invaluable for its emollient-like properties and assists the skin in retaining moisture.
- Derived from button mushrooms, the application of our vegan Vitamin D2 delivers benefits directly to your skin by revitalizing skin cells that may have experienced sun damage. Furthermore, it helps to maintain the lipid barrier in your skin that locks in moisture.
- Vitamin E plays a crucial role in protecting skin cells and membranes from environmental damage. This protection extends to stopping damage to the skin from UV rays and pollutants. It is also a natural preservative that helps sustain shelf life of products.
White Willow Bark
- White willow bark comes from a Euro-Asian tree with distinctive white leaves. Famous for its main ingredient salicin, it has resulted in the creation of the painkiller acetylsalicylic acid (ASA). Not surprisingly it is an excellent ingredient in skincare formulations where it is used to treat acne, inflammation, control sebum and best of all as a gentle but effective antibacterial exfoliant.
- Zeolite works to absorb toxins, free radicals and ions from the skin while helping maintain correct pH levels. By removing these toxins, zeolite boosts your immune system and improves the overall appearance and health of the skin. It is actually a negatively-charged compound with a cage-like structure. The negative charge acts like a magnet to attract positively charged toxins and free radicals to the zeolite. These toxins are then trapped in its cage-like structure and carried out of the body. This remarkable mineral also stimulates the regeneration of the skin and regulates oxygen flow which leads to restored luster and renewing the look and feel of skin.
- Besides decreasing inflammation, zinc readily penetrates into the skin cells on your face creating almost instant hydration and cell therapy. It provides 28 times the skin's natural protection against the sun’s UVA & UVB rays.