Nourishing pre cleansing oil
The art of cleansing is the foundation of any skincare regimen! One of the methods that has taken the spotlight recently in the modern skincare world is cleansing oil.
The ways in which we clean our face have transformed over the years. From your grandmother’s cold cream to the squeaky clean foaming cleanser of your teenage years, there have always been a variety of ways to get your skin clean.
And, here at Graydon, we believe in setting aside a few minutes each evening to cleanse off the day, both physically and energetically. Granting yourself extra time to give your face some love can be truly transformational -- and with our Keto Cleanse's rich buttery coconut aroma, the experience is truly intoxicating.
While cleansing oil seem totally new to some, using oil to clean and purify the skin has actually been around for thousands of years. Ancient cultures from around the world used some of the same natural plant oils that we use today to remove dirt and grime from the skin. What’s old is new again.
So, how does cleansing oil work? It begins with the basic chemistry principle of 'like dissolving like'. So, oil actually dissolves the excess oil that builds up on our skin throughout the day that clogs our pores. It's important to note that your skin naturally produces a type of oil itself, called sebum. This beneficial substance maintains our skin’s natural pH balance while also protecting and moisturizing.
Many harsh traditional cleansers not only remove dirt and grime that have accumulated throughout the day, but they strip the skin of its own sebum, which can wreak havoc over time.
Without this protective film of oil, the skin is not only more susceptible to bacteria and the possibility of infection (acne and inflammation), but it also sends a message to your skin that it needs to produce more oil, resulting in excess oil. And more breakouts!
This cleansing oil will thoroughly remove unwanted congested oil and grime, while simultaneously moisturizing the skin and protecting it.
You'll be happy to know that the Keto Cleanse is truly great for every skin type. From normal skin to severe acne, everyone can benefit from cleansing with this uniquely awesome blend.
Please Note: Due to the nature of the amazing natural oils in our Keto Cleanse you may find that it slightly solidifies when the bottle gets cold, especially in winter months or if your order has been sitting out on your doorstep. This is normal! Simply run your bottle under hot (but not boiling) water or place it (with the cap on) in a container of hot water for a couple minutes, give a shake, and it will restore back to it's normal fluid state :)
- MCT Oil • derived from coconuts, this extremely light oil is excellent at breaking down dirt and grime on your face.
Ghee • a staple in the Ayurvedic world of skincare, ghee is considered to have time-tested skin balancing qualities.
Coconut Oil • rich and aromatic, our raw cold pressed coconut oil protects your skin with anti-microbial qualities.
1. Begin with a dry face. Take about a quarter sized amount of Keto Cleanse and apply it evenly over your whole face, neck and eye area, right on top of makeup and/or sunscreen.
2. Start at the chin and work your way up around the mouth, jaw, cheeks, eye area and end up at the forehead, using small circular motions to massage the cleansing oil deeply into your skin.
3. You can incorporate the same kind of movements you use when using a normal cleanser. However, this cleansing massage should take about two to three minutes if possible, so really take the time to massage the oil in across the face. Note that using our Keto cleansing oil to massage your skin ALSO helps promote blood circulation and lymph drainage, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, softens pores to help decongest the skin, as well as the fact that this process is incredibly relaxing.
4. Wet a washcloth or ideally your Bamboo Charcoal Konjac Sponge with hot water (you want it to be steamy and warm, but not scalding) and press it against your face. Hold it against your face for a minute, to steam and activate the oils. Breathe deep, then buff away thoroughly.
5. After making sure surface grime is removed, you can follow with our Face Foam or Aloe Milk Cleanser.
6. It does take some getting used to but if you are doing it right, your skin WILL be soooo happy! Give it a try. I promise, your face will thank you.
Ingredients: caprylic/capric triglyceride (MCT) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, butyrum (ghee).