DIY Honey Mask
Honey is a magical, sticky, delicious superfood. We love it in our teas, sweets, and even our skincare!
With its natural moisturizing properties, honey has been used to beautify women’s skin for thousands of years—going all the way back to the milk and honey baths of ancient Greece and Egypt.
Why honey is great for your skin:
1. Honey is a natural collagen stimulator that can help your skin maintain its elasticity and vibrant appearance.
2. Honey attracts and retains your skin’s moisture, and lets your skin breathe at the same time.
3. Honey can act like a multi-vitamin for your skin. It contains many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that your skin loves.
4. It’s a natural anti-irritant that can soothe and detoxify your skin. (Oh, and it can open your pores too.)
5. Honey can even promote the regeneration of new skin cells.
Create a DIY mask!
For skin that's really cranky and irritated come spring, a DIY barrier-restoring mask can do the trick. A manuka honey mask can remedy many kinds of skin irritation. It's calming, helps to restore the skin, and it's super-antibacterial and healing. A probiotic-rich yogurt mask is an easy option too, because it helps strengthen the skin's microbiome so it can heal itself. Better yet combine both of these great ingredients
Just stir together a half-teaspoon of manuka (or raw) honey with a teaspoon of plain yogurt, spread it over your face, allow it to sit for about 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
If you don’t have these ingredients at your disposal you can substitute a spoonful each of our Putty and Berry Rich mixed together for an even more therapeutic effect!
We've partnered with The Ocean Legacy Foundation (OLF) to reduce ocean plastic. Keep reading to learn what they do, how we're helping and what you can do!Read now
Holiday shopping doesn't have to be stressful! Check out our gift guide to find the perfect presents for everyone on your list.Read now
From ancient China to modern day beauty trend, keep reading to discover why you should add a facial roller to your skincare routine.Read now