IN THIS ARTICLE:
Feel good about savouring every bite of this because it’s seriously good!
This flavourful recipe is full of fibre, protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. It's also low glycemic so it'll give you a good boost of energy (without a sugar crash).
Whether you're looking for a hearty breakfast, or a dessert that everyone will enjoy, whip up this delicious apple crumble recipe.
- 3 Macintosh apples
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 3/4 cup of gluten free instant oats
- 1/8 teaspoon of raw vanilla bean
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of finely ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup of room temperature coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spiralize the apples and place into a baking pan.
- Drizzle with the maple syrup and the juice of half the lemon.
- Cover the apples and let sit while you make the crumble part.
- Combine the hemp hearts, sliced almonds, coconut flour, oats, vanilla bean, ground cinnamon, sea salt, coconut oil (or ghee) and honey. Blend together with a large fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Pop the pan into the oven. Cook for about half an hour, until the crumble looks toasty and the apples are tender.
- Serve with vanilla coconut or almond yogurt.
- Enjoy a guilt-free second helping ;)
- For a little extra zing (as well as immune and digestive support), add 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to the apple mixture.
- If you follow a grain-free diet, substitute in an equal amount of the nut flour of your choice. Almond and hazelnut flours are my favourites.