Now that it's fall I have a craving for anything with pumpkin! I like to add it as a healthy side to my dinner and as a soup, but if you have a sweet tooth like me, I think you'll love this pumpkin fudge recipe. There's no baking required, just a handful of ingredients, which you probably already have in your kitchen. Most importantly, this recipe is low glycemic so it won't spike your blood sugar.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 8oz of pumpkin puree
- 8oz of almond butter (smooth)
- 8oz of coconut oil
- 4oz of maple syrup (you can add less if you are trying to stay away from sugar!)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/8 tsp of raw vanilla bean (optional)
- Add all ingredients in a large pot and stir on low heat until it's all evenly mixed
- Place mixture into a muffin pan (if you use a silicone pan it's easier to pop out otherwise you ma need to use paper liners)
- Leave in the freezer for 1-2 hours
- Take out, thaw for a few minutes and serve
By the way, if you add a dollop or two of this fudge into your coffee it makes an excellent pumpkin spice latte! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below.