If your face is out of sorts, I think this facial massage technique will really help you! All you need is some nice facial oil (yes of course you can use our Elixir or Serum
both of which are pretty amazing) BUT seriously, you can just as easily grab some oil out of your kitchen cupboard and it will work. Just don't go for the one with garlic and chili. Seriously, a little cold pressed sesame, grape seed, olive, sesame or sunflower will do just fine.
A facial massage can seriously make magical things happen especially if you're over tired and need to look more rested!
Go with your gut and be creative focusing on all the little points you usually ignore. If you want some guidance, here are some tips for you to try it at home. You'll be a pro in no time!
- Start with a freshly cleansed (if possible gently exfoliated) face as you want your face to be able to absorb all the TLC you're just about to give it!
- Pop three-four drops of your favorite facial oil into your palms (or grab some from your kitchen) and rub your hands together to warm the oil.
- Close your eyes and press your hands up to your face, taking a few deep breaths in to get centered and if so smell the unique aroma of the oil you're about to apply. Say thank you to the plants and seeds that it came from!
- Gently apply the palms of your hands to your face and move your hands outwards in smooth sweeping movements, working from the centre of the face outwards.
- Massage the oil into your skin for at least one minute using your fingertips, starting from the centre of the face and working outwards and upwards in small circular motions.
- To firm and tone the jawline, bend your index and middle fingers on both hands and place your chin between your knuckles. This is my favourite part! Glide along your jawline to under your ears in a sweeping motion. Repeat six times. I always like to use a little extra pressure each time you glide and feel the impression of your teeth underneath your skin.
- To improve facial contours place the pads of your thumbs under your cheekbones with your palms facing outwards and gently push up.
- I also loooove the feeling of this sensation becasue it always helps release pressure from your sinus cavities... great if you're congested or have allergies or a cold. Work from the centre of the face outwards. Repeat at least six times.
- Improve the firmness of the skin on the neck by gently using your palms to sweep the oil up the neck area. Then sweep your palms across your chest from left shoulder to right shoulder, sweeping across the décolletage with the palm of the hand. I have fun with this motion and do it and great dramatic sweeps as if I'm a movie star - lol :) Repeat both sides three times.
- When you're finished this process, mist your face with your favourite mist... of course our Face Food would be a good choice but use whatever you have on hand (like if you have rosewater in your kitchen).
- Take a few minutes to let you face settle down and absorb the love be nurturing you just gave it. Take a 20 minute cat nap if you have the time. Or even better, do this before you go to bed.
- Give thanks to your skin for being such a miraculous organ and for your face and all it's imperfections. Then go off and enjoy whatever awaits you.
- If you can try to do this facial massage at least once a week. It's a wonderful way to give yourself a mini facial and a whole lot less moula :)