So much more satisfying than a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, these treats are blood sugar balancing, full of healthy fats,antioxidants, minerals, protein and fiber. And yes, they’re super tasty and satisfying.
Better yet, the recipe is a cinch and you just need a few ingredients for this delicious treat.
- 8 ounces of extra dark or for the more experienced chocolate eater, unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp finely ground pink salt
- A handful or two of lightly roasted nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts), or if you prefer to go nut-free use some seeds (like pumpkin, sunflower, or hemp etc) and some dried berries (blueberry, goji raisins, etc).
Optional: For extra sweetness and an energy boost, you can also add 3 tbs of D-Ribose which is a supplement you can find in most health food stores. It looks and tastes like white sugar but it doesn't spike your blood sugar. It is actually a factor in energy metabolism and production.
- Compile everything in a bowl (except the nuts/seeds) and melt over low heat in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
- When melted, transfer to a blender and pulse until extra smooth.
- Pour into mini muffin cups and decorate with nuts, seed and/or dried berries.
- Let cool in the fridge. Transfer to a covered container.
- Makes about 24 pieces.
Enjoy anytime you need a guilt-free lift (even with your coffee at breakfast ;)