We always have the kettle on in our studio, and this is what we're usually making. Not just because it tastes good but because it gives our skin the vitamins and minerals we need to keep energized and looking good! Also it doesn't hurt that it contains anti-aging properties as well.
- 2 (or more) chunks of good quality dark chocolate (I love using Chocosol)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbs. coconut cream (or nut milk)
- 1 cup piping hot tea or coffee
- For an extra boost add a little cinnamon, cayenne, maple syrup or chaga tincture
For a frothy like 'latte' whip all of the above in your blender or magic bullet. If you're running late like I usually am, just put the first three ingredients in the bottom of your tea pot or coffee maker and stir with a whisk when you add in your bevvy of choice. Serve in your favourite cup then drink, savour and repeat as desired.
Wondering why this is so good for you?
- The reason why quality cacao (not to be confused with stale holiday candy in the back of the cupboard) can actually improve your complexion is that it’s loaded with skin-friendly minerals like magnesium (which helps with sugar cravings), flavonols (protects against sun-induced damage), omega-6 fatty acids (promotes cellular healing) and resveratrol (which helps repair skin tissue damage). In fact it’s loaded with more antioxidant power than wine, green tea and berries COMBINED!
- The coconut oil and cream will give you sustenance and fat burning energy to rev up your metabolism.
Enjoy this anti-aging energy elixir!