I have been accused of eating like a rabbit, but these roasted root veggies are anything but bunny food!
This low glycemic, dairy free, gluten free, mineral rich comfort food recipe will provide you with an amazing and delicious meal or side dish!
Best of all this veggies and healthy fat in this recipe will help you to feel full and satisfied so when you're finished eating you will likely not get cravings for highly processed, high glycemic carbs which can wreak havoc on your skin.
Actually, I think of this comfort food dish as an insurance policy to help stay away me from poor food choices like potato chips :)
COMFORT FOOD RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ lb carrots, peeled + chopped into rounds
- ¼ lb sweet potatoes, peeled + chopped into chunks
- ¼ lb parsnips, peeled + chopped into rounds
- ¼ lb beets, peeled and chopped into cubes
- ¼ lb radishes, wedged
- ¼ lb turnips, peeled + chopped into chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup warm ghee (olive or coconut oil, can substitute)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- sea salt + pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F. Rub the vegetables with the gently warmed ghee/oil, salt and pepper. Spread across a couple of rimmed baking sheets and roast for 45 to 60 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through.
Best served with our super delicious Pumpkin Seed Pesto!By the way, if you're local to Toronto, you can make your shopping extra easy and pick up a bag of these colorful beauties from Cookstown Greens at the Brickworks Farmers Market which is my favourite shopping place to shop and enjoy a leisurely Saturday.
Let me know if you try out this comfort food recipe!