We are in the Halloween mood over here at Graydon. Well...we are in the mood to treat, not trick! So here's my little treat for you.
I like to whip up a large batch of this (I just quadruple the recipe) It's so satisfying and good for you that sometimes I'll even have it for breakfast.
Graydon's Chocolate Mud (not to be confused with a face mask!!)
- 4oz dark chocolate (raw if possible. We use Giddy YoYo's which offers you a massive dose of skin friendly magnesium!)
- 2oz coconut milk (healthy fat for keeping you satisfied and not craving junk)
- 2 oz raisins (adds a little sweetness and kick of iron... a healthy version of Glossette's)
- 1 tbsp cooled coffee grinds (for extra crunch, flavour and energy)
- Pinch of sea salt and sprinkling of immune boosting cayenne
- Optional if you're not nut free: stir in a handful of chopped almonds for a protein punch
Combine in pyrex bowl all ingredients and place over a hot pot of water and stir until mixture melts. Do not let boil.
Stir until smooth and pour into parchment lined mini loaf or pie pan.
Cool in fridge until solidified.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and a smidgen of cayenne.
Garnish with a handful of berries.