This masque is great for anyone dealing with hormonal skin troubles, battling breakouts, or just plain old congested skin!
- 5 bags chamomile tea
- 1 tbs bentonite clay
- 1tbs of pumpkin seed oil
- 1tbs of coconut yogurt
- 1 capsule of powdered zinc
4 Easy Steps:
- Steep the 5 bags of tea in 1oz of boiling water in a small bowl. Let cool to room temperature. Take bags out (and reuse for a pot of tea)
- Using a small whisk, blend the bentonite into the cooled tea. Let sit for a minute until the texture firms up.
- Stir in the pumpkin seed oil and yogurt.
- Open the capsule of zinc. Sprinkle over the mixture and stir it in.
How To Use + Store:
- Apply this masque over your cleansed (and if possible exfoliated face) and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Or leave it on for longer if you have time.
- Upon massaging your face with warm water, remove the masque with a warm wet cloth and follow up with a light moisturizer, or The Serum and Face Food Mist.
- Spoon the remaining amount into a small mason jar and use daily or on an as needed basis.
- Store in the fridge and apply in the morning while you’re in the kitchen making breakfast!
A note about the ingredients and why they’re good for you and your skin:
Chamomile Tea: Besides as a calming tea, this wonderful infusion is known for its soothing effects as well as its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties properties
Bentonite Clay: is food grade, mineral, clay. When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a porous sponge, and when applied to the skin, it easily absorbs impurities and draws toxins out.
Pumpkin Seed Oil: Rich in protein, zinc and polyunsaturated fats, pumpkin seed oil is an excellent moisturizer for congested inflamed skin as it has excellent skin healing properties.
Coconut Yogurt: We have good bacteria and bad bacteria living on our skin and when the balance between the two is off, it means the bad bacteria is ‘winning’ which results in a pimply congested complexion… so since good bacteria fights off the bad, acne-causing bacteria, it’s a smart move to reset your (good) bacteria balance by using coconut yogurt on your face at least once a week. I like coconut yogurt becasue it's non dairy. My favourite brand is Yoso's! Be sure to use unsweetened.
Zinc: Many acne sufferers are often deficient in zinc, and their complexion often improves when they start using zinc internally and/or externally. It has wonderful astringent properties and a great soothing effect on the skin because it actually helps to ‘carry’ vitamin A into your skin while regulating your body’s hormonal balance. Furthermore, zinc facilitates apoptosis (aka programmed cell death) which is a natural part of your skin renewing itself. If apoptosis is delayed (as in the case of zinc deficiency) skin cells stick together instead of dying and sloughing off like they should, which leads to clogged pores. Last but not least, zinc also plays a key role in the proper functioning of insulin, and you’ve got to have a healthy, functioning insulin system if you want clear skin.